Here’s a care guide to help you keep your Peace Lily thriving:
- Peace Lilies prefer bright, indirect light but can tolerate lower light conditions. They can even adapt to some shade. Avoid direct sunlight, as it can scorch the leaves.
- Keep the soil consistently moist but not soggy. Water when the top inch of the soil feels dry to the touch. Wilting can be a sign that the plant needs water, but Peace Lilies can recover quickly once watered.
- Use a well-draining, peat-based potting mix. A mix designed for orchids or aroids can work well. Ensure that the pot has drainage holes to prevent waterlogging.
- Peace Lilies thrive in higher humidity levels. If your home is dry, consider placing the plant on a tray filled with water and pebbles or using a humidifier. Misting the leaves can also help.
- Maintain a temperature range between 65-80°F (18-27°C). Peace Lilies are sensitive to cold drafts, so avoid placing them near windows or doors that may expose them to chilly air.
- Feed your Peace Lily with a balanced, liquid fertilizer during the growing season (spring and summer) every 6-8 weeks. Reduce or eliminate fertilization in fall and winter when the plant is not actively growing.
- Remove yellow or brown leaves promptly. Trim spent flowers and any unwanted foliage to encourage new growth. Pruning will help maintain the plant’s appearance and health.
- Peace Lilies generally do not require frequent repotting. Repot when the plant becomes root-bound, typically every 1-2 years. Use fresh potting mix and a slightly larger pot.
9. Brown Tips:
- Brown tips on the leaves may indicate either over-fertilization, overwatering, or water with high salt content. Use distilled water or let tap water sit out for a day before using it. Flush the soil occasionally to remove excess salts.
- Keep Peace Lilies out of reach of pets and children, as they contain calcium oxalate crystals that can be irritating if ingested. If the plant is damaged, wear gloves to prevent skin irritation.
- Peace Lilies can be propagated by dividing mature plants. When repotting, carefully separate the root ball into sections, ensuring each section has roots and foliage. Plant the divisions in individual pots.
By following these care tips, you can enjoy the beauty of a healthy Peace Lily in your indoor space. Pay attention to your plant’s specific needs and adjust care accordingly.
This product is available for FREE same-day delivery around Melbourne. Our 5-star courier delivers it with comfort and safety. Money back is guaranteed if something is wrong with your arrangement (on the day of delivery).
- Daily Fresh cuts from local suppliers
- Trusted by Australia for years
- Money back guaranteed
- 5 Star delivery team
- Dedicated customer service team
- Sustainable and eco-friendly
- Stress-free experience